Sunday, December 13, 2015

Holiday Baking

For Christmas this year we are heading to my sister's in St. Paul for dinner, and I appointed myself as the dessert bringer! So I stole my boss' recipe for her brownies; as she would put it "it's made all with lard"....and I shall feed that to my family and her in laws!!! I'm awesome that way. So if you are looking to make family members put on an extra few pounds this holiday try this:



















So Fast andSimple and Delicious, you will need the following:

1-9x13 pan lightly greased (I spray it)

2 mixing bowls in one mix well:

1 cup of oil – 2 cups of white sugar- 2 tsp vanilla

2nd bowl mix:

1 cup flour – 2/3 cup of cocoa – ½ tsp baking powder – ½ tsp salt

Add 4 eggs to the 1st bowl just till blended then add the dry ingredients again just till blended

Pour into the greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins, just slightly underdone, went 

you check with a toothpick it will still stick a bit to the toothpick.

Frost with:

1 cup Becel margarine – 2 tsp vanilla- pinch of salt – beat in 1/3 Cocoa  then add ½ a large bag 

of Icing sugar beating with your mixer add 1 Tbsp of milk at the end.


While I was at it, made my first batch of double dutch cookies with peanut butter M&M's for my spouse' secret santa. I may or may not have stolen a few....ok maybe like 6 cookies! Sorry not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment