Sunday, December 11, 2016

Black Bean Burger

Fun fact- if you are allergic to the protein in milk...well where does milk come from....you have to be kidding me...noooooooooo looks like steak is no longer in my future. At this point I give up on eating meat. Ok maybe I'll leave 5% to animal by product, cause who is kidding who...I love eggs lol.

Due to this fun fact and a ton of Netflix documentaries James and I have decided to try a plant based diet/lifestyle. So here is my first try at black bean burgers, and they where delicious.



Ingredients:

  • 1 Can of black beans
  • 1/4 cup of frozen corn
  • 2 tbsp of flour
  • 1 tsp water
  • seasoning ( garlic powder, cumin, chilli powder, pepper, oregano)
Directions: 

In a large skillet heat and add oil, I used extra virgin olive oil but you could use coconut oil. Drain and rinse black beans. Place in large bowl and with a fork begin to mash them. Add flour, seasoning, corn and water. Mix ingredients together. Form patties ( it makes 3). If you would like more just double the recipe. Depending how you like your burgers you can cook each side for 2-3 minutes or longer depending on the crispness you enjoy. Next time I'm thinking of placing on the George Forman to cook it faster and to give me my crunch.

Hopefully you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment