Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dairy Free Donair Sauce

Since finding out about my dairy allergy, I've had to become very creative in finding alternatives to the foods that I loved before! Pizza being one. So I tried the Daiya cheese and could not get over the plastic taste. So said to myself you're not desperate enough to eat chemically enhanced foods in order to have pizza, go without! Donair pizza for the win.


Ingredients:


  • 1 Cup of canned coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1/4 cup of canned white beans
  • 1 glove of garlic
  • 2-3 tsp of apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp of sea salt 

Directions:

In a small saucepan heat coconut milk, sugar, and garlic over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and add vinegar and beans. Allow to cook over medium for about 5 minutes. Puree mixture with a blender or hand blender and if needed return to burner to thicken further. Season with salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment